'Tis the season!
I loved creating this look. Christmas is a colourful whirl of reds, greens and sheen. I created a basic smokey eye but opted for festive hues instead of sultry bronzes. I wouldn't normally pair a red lip with such a bold eye, but it couldn't be more suited to my colour palette.
- FOUNDATION: Makeup Forever Ultra HD foundation - 225 Marble
I love this foundation's flawless yet natural coverage. I rarely have to use concealer after applying the HD foundation. Only apply foundation in areas where more coverage is needed.
- POWDER: M.A.C. Cosmetics Prep + Prime transparent finishing powder
This is my go-to powder. It doesn't go cakey and lasts longer on the skin than most powders I've tried. Apply where needed.
- EYE PRIMER: M.A.C. Cosmetics Paint Pot - Painterly
This is a great colour to even out the skin tone on your eyelids and prep the skin for the makeup application to follow. Apply a small amount on your eyelid.
- a) MAKE THE COLOURS POP: M.A.C. Cosmetics Fluidline - Blacktrack
When using colourful eyeshadow, apply a black gel eyeliner as a base in the area where you're going to apply eyeshadow. Be sure to apply the eyeshadow while the gel base is still slightly tacky for extra hold.
b) EYELINER: Line the waterline and top lashline with Fluidline-Blacktrack.
- EYESHADOW: INGLOT eyeshadow in Blue-617, Green-611.
I applied the Green-611 over the whole eyelid and used the Blue-617 to define the crease and outer corner.
- FALSE LASHES: M.A.C. Cosmetics - 35 lash
- MASCARA: The Balm - Mad Lash
- GOLD HIGHLIGHTER: NYX Ultra Pearl Mania Eyeshadow - Yellow Gold
A pop of gold in the inner corner is the perfect highlight next to the bold blues and greens.
- BLUSH: M.A.C. Cosmetics powder blush - Springsheen
- HIGHLIGHT AND CONTOUR: NYX Pro Palette Highlight & Contour
- LIPS: M.A.C. Cosmetics Viva Glam I
I paired this lip with a clear gloss.