2016 has been long enough, let's not spend hours on our makeup to see the year out. But how does one achieve maximum effect with the least amount of effort?
Glitter. Lots of glitter!
As the Dowager says in Downton Abbey: "Nothing succeeds like excess."
- Eyeshadow: The Balm Cosmetics "Nude 'tude Palette" - Sultry & Sleek
- Inner corner highlighter: The Balm Cosmetics "Nude 'tude Palette" - Seductive
- Eyeliner: M.A.C. Cosmetics Eye Kohl - Smolder
- Glue: Kryolan Hydro Mastix
- Glitter: Large round glitter from Party Spot - Gold
- Mascara: The Balm - Mad Lash
- Lips: M.A.C. Cosmetics clear lipglass
Achieve this look in 3 easy steps:
(See product list above for all products used.)
- Create a sultry smokey eye as a base for your makeup look. There is no need for precision here.
- Line the lash line, as well as the waterline of your eyes with black eyeliner followed by loads of mascara on your top and bottom lashes.
- Apply a thin layer of mastix glue in the center of the eyelid.
- Once the glue has become tacky, press the glitter onto the eyelid. Repeat until you achieve the desired effect.
Happy New Year!